From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 08:01:58 -0600
Thanks to you, Mark, Sean, and anybody else who submits info on this subject.  You have cleared up the
issue completely!

I first read about the FX-60 dual-core processor on PC GAMER magazine a few days ago.  A Google search
led to some questionable offers of sale for around $1250.  It is supposed to be announced on January
tenth, so that is probably why Newegg does not have it yet.  Maybe the preferred partners will get it
first.  Also, the 57 is going to come down in price.

As a side note, a 150 Gig Raptor is coming out that is supposed to offer improved performance over the
70, which was noticeably better than the 36.  There is a rebate on the 70 - WD is probably trying to
lower their inventory.

I am retired, no kids or grandchildren, neither poor nor rich, so if I want to spend my money on a $1200
processor, then that is my priviledge, eh?!

Dean Kukral