From:
"Dave W. Beauvais" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 13:45:44 -0700
Adele,

Connecting two crossover cables together will not really accomplish
anything as it will simply behave as a normal cable.  If you want to
extend an existing crossover cable, you'd need to couple it with a
straight-through cable.  This is because the pairs of wires inside the
cable have already been crossed -- attaching another set of crossed
pairs will effectively "uncross" them.

Dave

--- Adele Sapilewski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I have my two computers networked together and finaly got Internet
> Connection Sharing to work.  I am now ready to move the second
> computer to another part of the house.  I have a 25 foot crossover
> cable but need it to be at least 35 feet.  My local computer store
> tells me that I can buy a coupler and add another crossover cable to
> it.  Will this work?  Has anyone had experience with connecting two of
> these cables together?  If I do this, will I have any networking
> problems or will I lose speed with my internet connection?
>
> Thank you
>
> Adele Sapilewski
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

http://mail.yahoo.com/

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: