From:
Oliver Dammann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 13:42:00 +0100
Hello Ryo!

The AMD has 3D-NOW, which the Intel doesn't. But there are only a few
applications (all of them games I think) which support 3D-NOW. The Intel has a
better FPU performance than the AMD. It really depends on what you need your
system for: gaming, office work or CAD.

I wonder, that the WD hard drives are cheaper than the fujitsu. Here in Germany
the prices are pretty much the same. The WD is generally faster than the fujitsu
but is often louder. Faster means you won't probably notice anything except you
measure times with a stop watch.
Both harddives and both processors are ok and what the salesman said is in my
opinion not correct.

Oliver Dammann

I am in the process of buying a new system.  Two questions arise.  How
does the AMD-K6-2 compare with the Pentium II?  And the Fujitsu and
Western Digital hard drives?  A salesman was telling me tonight that I
will be sorry if I don't go with the Pentium II and the Fujitsu hd.  Of
course the AMD is less expensive.  And I can get a much larger WD hd for
the same price as a smaller Fujitsu.  Thanks for your opinions.

Ryo Imamura

                                  -----

                                  -----