From:
Ding Marcelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 19:32:39 +0800
> The Abit BE-6 BIOS has an option to select the boot order.  In the "Bios
> Features" sub menu, "Boot Sequence" select "A,C,EXT". Then under "Boot
> Sequence EXT Means" to "SCSI".  This will allow you to boot from your scsi
> drive.  The drive must be partitioned and formatted and the boot drive set
> as active before you will be able to boot from it.  You will need to add
> drivers for you Tekram card to your boot disk to do this. SCSI peripherals
> will not show up in your motherboard BIOS, they show up on the SCSI cards
> BIOS.  I am curious how you have the scanner, 2 cd roms and the zip drive
> daisey chained, as this card does not have an external connector for SCSI-2
> 50 pin devices.  The card does not have external and internal connectors for
> the SCSI-2 50 pin bus, so I do not understand why the HP scanner and the
> cd-roms are terminated.  I would suspect a termination problem as the reason
> that your cd-roms and zip drive are not accesible.  With more information on
> how these drives are attached to the card and diasey-chained together,
> someone should be able to help figure out any termination problems that you
> might have.
>
> Mary Wolden

Hi Mary,

The Tekram comes with an internal 50 pin to external  High density 50
pin D-type connector External adaptor .The connection on the SCSI-2 50
pin bus goes like this :

External Terminator(active)>>>HP Scanner >>> Tekram PCI >>> CD-R>>>
CD-ROM>>> ZIP dive>>> Internal terminator(active).

termination on the CD-R, CD-ROM & ZIP are disabled.

The LVD Ultra wide 68- pin bus using Tekram LVD/SE Cable :

Tekram >>> Atlas III >>> LVD terminator.

The SCSI Bios shows all the SCSI ID's and peripheral. and have the ABIT
bios select to boot from "SCSI "  as you mentioned and yet  it still
boot to IDE 1 hard disk.

Ding Marcelo