From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:18:46 -0700
I am not sure what your question is. If all you want is to transmit the
serial port information from one computer to another, then the question is
"how far is it to go"? The limit for RS232 is about 100 feet or so. For
longer runs you would need some other transmission medium and protocol.
RS422 allows for several hundred feet (don't remember exactly how far). For
very long distance transmission you could use a phone line with a modem.

Is it safe to assume that you have the appropriate software on each computer
to handle the data stream? In other words, does your software recognize a
serial port (COM1 or COM2) interface?

Peter