From:
Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 08:32:08 +0100
On a Windows XP machine, with a single mains input socket
and no mains output for a monitor, is it possible to set it
up so that after a set period it is turned OFF?

Not the options offered in "Power Options Properties" of
"standby" or "hibernate" but a full OFF with no power going
into the machine at all?

Question asked in this way as I thought I remembered from
some time ago, with a machine where the monitor was powered
from an "extra" mains output socket on the back of the PC
case, that there was an option for the whole system to turn
off after a set period.

Regards

Tony
Rutland, UK