From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2007 22:05:07 -0400
Hi all!

If you've read much about Windows Home Server (supposedly due out in the
fall), you might have heard how simple it will be to setup and run. For
example, no need to worry about pesky drive letters for shared drives on the
server: it just works! But what if certain applications (GoldMine is the one
in question) need to have a drive letter to work? GoldMine still seems to
live and breathe in the ancient DOS world: it wants to load it's database
from a drive that has a drive letter - no ifs, ands or buts...

I have been able to find nothing in the various reviews and documentation
that talks about this issue. Would anyone know if you can assign a drive
letter to the Windows Home Server shared drive?

Thanks for your time and thought on this!

Best, Will

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
mailto:[log in to unmask]

 - Ideologies are ways of organizing large swaths of life and experience
under a set of shared but unexamined assumptions -

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
2:03 PM

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml