From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:51:21 -0400
Jose,
It is not true that you have to buy all three colors at the same time for
Canon printers.
Here is the price for Canon compatible cartridges from Global Ink

code            Model printer                                   Color           US Price
GIC010  Canon BJI201/BJC600 - Regular Capacity  Cyan            $ 3.35
GIC011  Canon BJI201/BJC600 - Regular Capacity  Black           $ 3.35
GIC012  Canon BJI201/BJC600 - Regular Capacity  Yellow  $ 3.35
GIC013  Canon BJI201/BJC600 - Regular Capacity  Magenta $ 3.35

http://www.imag.net/~global/

While I prefer the quality (granularity) of 1440 dpi of the Epsons over the
Canon printers, you can get the cartridges individually.  I've seen them in
CompUSA stores as well.  I have an Epson Color Stylus 800 that has worked
flawlessly for me for over two years, using mainly regular copy paper.  When
I do use the 720dpi quality paper, output is excellent.  The Kodak type
1440dpi glossy paper is as good as any photograph.

Jerry Rasmussen
Rasmussen & Bucklin Associates
Coral Springs FL
================================

Jose,

Before committing to a printer with separate ink cartridges, consider that
no one sells the cartridges one at a time.  You still must buy a complete
set.  I know many people with Epson and Cannon printers that have 2 or 3
spare yellow cartridges and 7 extra red cartridges or similar combinations
(depending on their favorite color <grin>).....

In the long run, the separate ink supplies do not cost less than the
all-in-one cartridges.....

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====