From:
Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 09:56:03 -0700
Hi,
I just upgraded my motherboard to an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe. New processor and
memory. My system consists of two IDE hard drives, first is the boot drive,
three UW SCSI HDDs on an AHA-2940UW controller. There are also two Plextor
CD drives on the 50 pin connector. When I assembled all this I got a post
and all the pre OS load info, but when Windows XP Pro was to load, just a
black screen, monitor light green. After wondering if the video card was
goofy, and messing around I finally got everything to boot by disconnecting
the SCSI devices. I loaded XP on the boot drive, clean install, got all
things going for the most part, no issues at this point. However if I try to
connect the 3 UW hard drives, I'm back at the black screen on boot up. The
CD drives all work ok on the 50 pin connector. All devices show up in the
SCSI BIOS boot sequence. No termination jumpers were changed, basically
nothing changed other than the MB, processor, and memory. Anyone have any
ideas why when I connect the UW leg I get no OS load? No I am not using all
three of the connections, I know that isn't allowed.

Thanks for your help

Brad Loomis
San Miguel, CA

           The NOSPIN Group is now accepting donations to help
          defer the costs of providing PCBUILD and our website.
           Visit http://freepctech.com to donate using PAYPAL