From:
Lynn Tracy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:53:59 -0500
Just wanted to stop by to update:

I got it going- finally!  <thanks Cam>

Turned out to be a conflict over IRQ 3 between the telephone modem & the video card.  Additionally, the video onboard would not uninstall.  After removing the modem in device manager & physically taking it out of the PC, I had to boot to safe mode to remove the video adapter, restart in safe mode to get the VGA driver to load.  Then the video card back in & installed.

Finally, one more install of the modem.  After that, the modem took IRQ 11.

Thanks all for your time & ideas... hope this helps someone else down the road (I won't forget the solution),

LT

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com