From:
Norm Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 1999 11:42:23 +1000
Can someone help me with a problem; I don't know whether it is a
software or a hardware problem. From time to time I suddenly get a
vertical grid across my screen of coloured bars  about half an inch
distance;I suffer from migraine and what I see on the screen reminds me of it.These bars usually intensify until eventually the computer
doesn't respond to any commands- even the on off switch on the computer-
making a  power on / off  at the plug, and reboot necessary.Usually this cures it and away I go for sometimes a week with  it working fine. What has just
happened is that after a reboot following a similar crash (this time in
Navigator) the computer wouldn't re-boot. I got as far as the BIOS
checks, I believe they call them, and then nothing just as black screen
with a few dots at the top. After about four reboots it eventually
booted up and things are fine.My machine is a HP Pavilion 8210. Thank you
Norm Thompson

                            The NOSPIN Group
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org