From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2008 09:17:36 -0500
Microsoft has set a limit of 10 PC to PC connections for Windows XP.  The
only way to get over that limit is to have a server.  You can install a file
server running Windows 2003 (for example) with 30 CALs (client access
licenses) without needing to install a domain.  That way the 30 machines can
connect to the server in almost a peer to peer relationship.  You may want
to investigate a Linux server if the Microsoft license cost is a prohibitive
factor.

I would recommend a wired network over wireless.  Wireless is nice for guest
access or the occasional laptop user who doesn't want to plug into the
network, but wired will be faster and more secure.

Ron Jobe

--
Ron Jobe