From:
Russ Poffenberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:38:10 -0700
Hi Robert,

You didn't mention which OS you are running. The procedure i slightly
different depending on whether it is Windows 2000 or XP, but the basics are
that you need to use the logical disk manager to either format the drive
(if it is new), or import the filesystem if it is a drive with an existing
filesystem.

To start the logical disk manager, you right click on "My Computer", and
select "Manage". In the "Computer Management" window that pops up, click on
"Logical Drives". You should see all your drives, and can take various
actions on them depending on what you need to do.

Russ Poffenberger

At 07:57 AM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
>I have installed a hard drive for use as a slave device but it doesn't
>appear in the "My Computer" window.  Id DOES appear in the "Device Manager".
>How do I access this hard drive?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml