From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 18:56:52 -0700
Press Alt-Ctrl-Del and shut down (End Task) for every item listed in the
Window, with the Exception of Explorer, and Systray... The reason Scandisk
and/or Defrag does not finish, is that another application is writting
information to the disk, which changes the contents of the drive. By ending
all the other tasks, you can complete the Defrag and/or Scandisk process.
You will probably want to reboot afterwards to re-load all system files...
Just make sure you do not shutdown Explorer, or Systray as they are need for
Windows Operation.

Good Luck.... steve wolfe