From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 20:44:23 -0500
John Chin wrote:

> At 11:34 PM 2/27/1998 Choi Shing Yuen
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >  I have a token ring card but I cannot tell which driver to use.
> By "mac address" do you mean a Canadian version of
> "FCC" numbers?

My Token Ring knowledge is dusty and dim from lack of use, but...

MAC refers to one of the seven layers of the communication protocol.
Token ring cards have the network address pre-coded into the card
during the manufacturing process.  Each manufacturer has/had (?) a
bank of addresses that they used.  I beleive that the manufacturer
has their own unique ID which is part of that address.

--
Jim Meagher