From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:59:46 -0600
I hope no one minds too much about these little updates
on the SETI project.

We are doing real great in the team rankings, even though they
are running a little late in updating them today.   We have
43 members now of Team NOSPIN
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_1030.html

Remember that this program will run as your screen saver, so it
will not interfer with using your computer.   If you decide to join
us, remember their are Linux versions available and if you are
using Win95/98/NT, you system must have at least 32mg Ram
and a screen resolution of 800x600 minimum.

Quick Tip:
You might have noticed some real fast processing times on packets.
It seems that if you set the application to run as a screen saver and
set it to blank the screen while running, it can double or more the
processing speed.  That is how so many people are showing processing
times of under 15 hours per packet. (This tip supplied by Peter Hogan)

Thanks again to everyone who have joined us so far and I hope
more of you will join Team NOSPIN in this project.
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_1030.html

If you have problems setting up the software or running it, you can
write to us at mailto:[log in to unmask]  Either myself or someone here
will see if we can help.

   Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: