From:
Kay McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:36:28 -0400
Dear PCbuilders,
        I had a slight problem with my video card and asked the vendor for a solution.  He recommended replacing the video card (at his expense), and a few days later a technician came to my office and did just that.   Unfortunately, something about the exchange has caused problems.

    Booting the computer brings up an error message -  "Error loading driver".  Clicking "ok" does not clear the error message from the screen.  It can be cleared going through task manager, however it doesn't seem to interfere with anything, and is NOT the problem.   The problem is that the resolution is 640X480X16 and any attempt to change that is fruitless.    Right clicking on the desktop brings up the appropriate menu; clicking on properties results in the "Error loading driver" message again - and that is all.    Putting the old video card back in and trying other different video cards has no effect.   Does anyone know how to "break in" to the display properties so that the settings can be modified?

Running: Windows NT; service pack 5
Monitor:  Cybervision C70
Motherboard:  Intel

New video card:  Video-107AGP-3D
    Trident 3D Image 9880 Chipset
    8MG memory
    Integrated Triangle Setup Engine
    Integrated 24-bit 230 Mhz RAMDAC

Old video card: SiS

    Any help will be appreciated; and, of course, I will be happy to provide any further information you might need to help me troubleshoot this problem.

    BTW - the vendor is as stumped as I am, and has checked with all his resources.

Kay McCoy                                      [log in to unmask]
Automation Manager                       phone/fax:  304-465-5664
Fayette County Public Libraries        Oak Hill, WV  25901

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org