From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 10:45:13 -0500
All the mice that I have used which came with an adapter, do not have any
switches or procedure to change from serial to PS/2 except for adding or
removing the adapter. I have got the adapters I have to work on some mice
and not others that did not come with an adapter and they did not have any
port protocol written on the bottom. Not to say that some do have the
writing. Just saying some do not and will work with an adapter.

While we are on the subject of PS/2, a previous post sounded like the person
disconnected/connected the mouse while power was on. Never, I repeat, never
connect or disconnect a PS/2 mouse or any keyboard with power on. There is a
very high risk of damaging your mobo if you do so.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 / 800-816-0663
Fast - Reliable - Wallet Friendly