From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 2009 23:02:11 -0700
I am not aware of Dell requiring that a computer must have 2 hard drives
to function. I guess that a proprietary  BIOS could be set up to require
2 hard drives to permit the computer to work, but it just seems very
improbable. Why do it??? Your friend may have misunderstood what Dell
told him. I would be interested in hearing from others on this matter.

If somehow you really need another hard drive, you could get a matching
drive to the first drive you purchased. Then you can use the RAID
controller you have already purchased as it was intended. In any event,
I don't see why you would need a second controller card unless you are
planning on not using the RAID card.

Tom

ronald cross wrote:
> thank you for your reply. I had a friend ck the system out and he said this unit had two hard drives and dell would not allow him to shut down the second hard drive.. he said i need another hard drive and controller card, and with this i will have a dual unit. so i guess i'll have to buy a second hard drive and controller card! ??????  ronn cross

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>