From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:53:29 EST
Just another suggestion. Have one case fan blowing inward and another blowing
outward. This will dramatically increase the amount of cool air entering the
case, especially if heat is a concern. I use this arrangement on an
overclocked AMD K6/2+ and the interior of the case remains cool. Usually the
fan in the power supply is not efficient enough to expel the warm air created
inside the case, especially on overclocked or newer processors. Another
suggestion would be to place a thin filter medium on the vents on your case
taped to the inside, like cut up pieces of air conditioner filter. Dust is a
big contributing factor in the retention of heat as it acts like insulation.
I know a lot of computer furniture manufacturers have the CPU close to the
floor and this is a primary source of dust. Just remember to vacuum off the
accumulated dust every so often. A clogged filter will reduce airflow.

Chris Ryan