From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:52:22 -0500
What I use and would recommend is an external USB 2 device that you can
install just a regular 3.5 hard drive in. I have one, and love it.
Unfortunately, I don't know who made it, but I paid around $50 for the
case/adapter, and you can buy a 40GB HD for under $50. This gives you the
ability to buy a larger HD or replace the drive if it breaks and while I am
not sure of the cooldrives price, when I was looking, it was close to half
the price of standard packaged units. 3.5 drives are usually cheaper and
faster than 2.5 drves.

It also amazed me that the speed on a USB 2 machine it is not really
noticeably slower than a standard drive.

Dennis Noble
It's not what you want that makes you fat,
It's what you get.