From:
Ronald G Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 12:38:20 -0600
A friend of mine has a problem with printing.  The problem originally
started as his Epson printer not feeding paper correctly.  He bought a
new HP printer around Christmas (with both parallel and USB connections).
 The HP prints a garbled mess, one or two lines per page, until the paper
runs out.  We've tried the HP on both parallel and USB ports with the
same results.  He's replaced the parallel cable with a new HP certified
bi-directional cable.  Both printers work fine on his notebook computer,
through either parallel or USB connections!  Where should we look to
solve this problem?

My first thought was to disable the onboard parallel connection and
install a parallel port card.  But I think the problem is more involved
than that because the USB printer connection doesn't work either.  He
does have a parallel port scanner installed (Storm? brand).  The scanner
isn't working either.  The printers have been tried with and without the
scanner connected (but not removing the scanner software & drivers).

The desktop computer is a generic make with an AMD K6 cpu, and (I think)
a Tyan motherboard, 64 MB ram, 4 GB hard drive (less than half used),
parallel port scanner, etc, running Windows 98 SE.

Thanks for your help!
Ron Jobe
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.