Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 10:40:33 -0500
Hi-
        I have 2 computers that are both running on Win95.  I have a network card
installed in each. (SVEC ISA Plug and Play EtherBoard w/ BNC and RJ-45
Connector)  My network card has an option to use cable or RJ-45.  Right now
I am using cable.
        Here's the problem.  I while back I took both network cards over to my
friends.  I had one in my computer and the other in his.  We used the same
cable I have now and everything worked fine.
        So now when I try to get them working on my computers, the computers won't
see on another, although each computer sees itself in network neighborhood.
It seems that all of the hardware is installed correctly. And everything
software wise looks right, but it is still not working.  Here is what is
listed in Control Panel -> Network for each computer.
Number #1 Computer name- FAMILY   Workgroup- Rozner Description- 1
Client for Microsoft Networks
Dial Up Adapter
Realtek RTL8019 PnP LAN adapater or compatible
NetBEUI -> Realtek RTL8019 PnP LAN adapater or compatible
TCP/IP -> Dial up adapter
TCP/IP -> Realtek RTL8019 PnP LAN adapater or compatible -IP address
192.168.0.1
File and printer sharing for Microsoft Networks

Number 2- Computer name- ERIC Workgroup- Rozner Description- 2
Everything the same as above except the IP address is 192.168.0.2

I shared all of the drives and tried to map to the other computer's drive
by selected "Map Network Dirve" under windows explorer.  And then I type in
//other computer name/C  (drive letter on other computer)

Hopefully you can answer my question,
Thanks,
Eric Rozner