From:
Yui Shin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 23:02:39 -0800
Jim Gilmore:

> i have an old P100 system.
> i was forced to reformat the hardrive as the system would not boot up
properly.

> i have reinstalled the CD Rom Driver and I have attempted to install the
moue driver.
> But after installing Win95 the mouse is not working. I have tried to
manually instal it through add new hardware. but the system does not
reconize it!
> Am I missing something?!
> The mouse is connected to a serial port and the mouse is a mouse system
three button mouse.
> it had worked at one point, but after the hard drive troubles and
reformating it has stopped!

It sounds like you installed Dos drivers for the mouse. If this is the case
you should
remove them so Windows can properly detect yours. Also take a peek at your
Device Manager
and verify what's listed under Mouse, Other, and Ports. If you have a mouse
listed
under Other and Mouse you should delete these prior to reboot as well.

-yui shin

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html