From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 20:48:59 -0700
  Three additional things to consider:

1.  It's an LED -- it can only light if it's corrected the right way around.
    If it doesn't work one way, try reversing it.

2.  If you have installed an additional controller -- RAID, SATA, SCSI,
    whatever -- it will have its own set of pins for an LED.  There's no
    path for it to use the motherboard LED connector.

3.  It's just cosmetic.  While it's nice to have an indicator of activity,
    it doesn't affect the computer's capability or performance.

David Gillett

On 31 Jul 2006 at 14:48, Ray Parrish wrote:

Date sent:      	Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:48:26 -0700
Send reply to:  	Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
From:           	Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:        	Re: [PCBUILD] Hard Drive Activity light
To:             	[log in to unmask]

> You'll need a motherboard manual to find out where the hard drive led
> connects to the motherboard.  It will connect with a small two wire pair
> wrapped together with a small black connector on the end which goes on
> the motherboard. This two wire pair runs up to the hard drive led in the
> case. You might get lucky and find that it's labeled on the motherboard,
> if not you'll need the motherboard manual.
>
> [log in to unmask] wrote:
> > My hard drive activity light does not go on. I have no idea how to remedy the situation.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download
> >                      visit our download web page at:
> >                   http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml
> >

>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml