From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 08:33:13 -0800
I have found that, depending on the CPU and quantity of RAM, certain
portions of the installation of XP can take an inordinate amount of time.
Perhaps if you just let it sit on installing the devices for 10 or 15
minutes, it will finish. Also, you can disconnect devices such as printer,
camera, etc. that exceed the bare minimum to run XP and then try again.

The last resort is to FDisk and reformat the C drive and then do a fresh
install of XP. Before this, since you can not get to data on the disk that
you may want to save, you may want to install the hard drive as a slave in
another computer. Then backup the data files to other media.

Needless to say that reinstalling XP is a last resort for uncorrectable
problems. Minor problems (computer basically still functioning) should be
corrected using other methods.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer