From:
Timchenko Maxim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 08:48:14 +0200
Check for IRQ conflicts. A common source of things like this....

But I'd like to know more about the configuration of your PC.

Check in the BIOS whether you can configure the onboard COM ports to be
something other than the default values - like com3+com4, for example...

<> Max Timchenko [MaxVT]
<>

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999, Wanda Irby wrote:

> Why would the internal winmodem on COM2 conflict with a card writer on
> COM3?  The card writer will go ahead and work but the modem won't.  And
> why can't I disable the the winmodem and use my external USRobotics
> modem on COM3 and the card writer on the other serial port on the
> computer.  It is disabled for use by the winmodem.  Micron will not help

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html