From:
Gordon Tyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 1998 13:03:37 -0600
Hi. I hope this is a simple solution, as when I lost my cd drive when
installing Win95a in the past & just needed to install a driver.

I dual boot Win95a & NT4.0 WS with SP3 installed on a SCSI system
using Adaptec 2940UW controller on a PII-300, 128 MB RAM, with
a 9 GB harddrive that does cross the 1024 cylinder limit. Cylinders
1024-1106 are unformatted free space. System Commander 4.011 manages
the booting.

I recently reformatted the drive so that I could move programs out
of the OS partitions: c:\ active primary; d: - j:\ logical in extended
primary, all FAT16.

Problem now is that I click on my cd drive letter in NT explorer & a
window pops up: "K:\ is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect."

Data cd will not run when inserted, but music cd will play fine. Data
& music cd auto load & play in Win95 without problem.

If I leave the data cd in the player & reboot into NT, the cd shows
in explorer & is perfectly accessible without any problems.

I've done all the troubleshooting my limited knowledge permits, so
I'd really appreciate some guidance with this. Thanks.

Gordon Tyler___________________________Department of Psychiatry
out-pt group psychotherapy_______University of Alberta Hospital
[log in to unmask], Alberta, Canada