Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:28:56 +1200
Thanks for that summary Emie!

On the subject of W98 end of life - here's something interesting.  I just went to the WinUpdate site (not the Corporate site - the regular one) to make sure I had all the XP critical updates I need.

After I got what I wanted, just for fun I backed out, re-entered by the 'Catalogue' route and went searching for W98 Critical Updates.

To my amazement, there's a whole bunch of W98 stuff there, 50 or 60 files which must pretty well cover W98 up to now.

I'm sure the last time I looked, this source was empty.  Anyway, they're there now - get 'em while they're hot.

If anyone needs the 'Catalogue' process explained again, just ask.  I'd post it now but I can't access my archived notes right now.

BTW - Lynn Tracy's link to this site:
http://www.geekgirls.com/windows_reinstall_98.htm
is worth following, to sort out the archiving routine.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand