From:
"g.Computer9f" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 19:14:15 -0500
Whenever I leave my PC for a period of time, or  hibernate it, or allow
it to hibernate, then when I bring it back up, I can't access the
internet until I RUN the commands "ipconfig /release" and "ipconfig
/renew".  Apparently, it is losing the IP address and the Default
Gateway.  This usually doesn't happen with shutting it down completely
or letting it reboot.  Occasionally (VERY rarely) it seems to
spontaneously lose connection if there is no activity for a
bit.  Running the ipconfig commands always restores the connection
immediately.  I have hibernated it briefly and then brought it back
without losing the connection, but that was quick, like -hibernate-back
on-rightaway.

WinXPHomeSP2, Linksys Cable Modem ("always on" fast access service),
Linksys Hardware Router (used ONLY for firewall- only one PC),
ZoneAlarm (FreeVersion) (using internet lock, but I always release that
(if its on) before trying to access the intenet - and hibernate still
gives the same problem even if internet lock is off when hibernation
occurs).

Mediacom claims that its nothing they are doing on their end.  Any
ideas, y'all?

Thanks,  --AnnaSummers

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml