From:
Brendon Schafer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 22:41:43 +0200
Which leads me to want to check the CD ROM.
If you plug headphones or speakers into the front of the drive., do you hear
music. If yes, then your CD ROM is fine.
Then I would check to see that you have correctly installed the cable that
runs from your CD ROM to your sound card (Internally). I would guess that
your motherboard has some kind of a connector (refer to the mobo manual).

Assuming this is correct, have you used your CD ROM for anything else (such
as installing a program). If no, try. The CD ROM may be faulty.
Oh. Drive letters. This hasn't perhaps changed when you installed your new
CD ROM? I'm clutching at straws now though.
Your speakers haven't become faulty perhaps? When you play games, do you
hear the sounds from the game?
What is H.D. ? Hard Drive?
I can't say if you are missing anything in your device manager - I've got
plenty more listed, but then I have other devices installed as well.

Good luck.
Brendon

<snip>

Recently installed different CD-ROM. Cannot hear sound from either CD or
H.D. music file.
<snip>

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml