From:
Ed Thomasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 21:55:44 -0600
I, too built almost the same identical system a couple of years ago, K6-233,
TXPro mobo. In the beginning, it would fail at various stages of boot
process with various error messages, and finally would reboot itself or just
shut off as if you had used the switch to turn off the power. If you
restarted, it would boot-up and work fine, though sometimes it would take a
couple of attempts.......until you let it set for 6-8 hours before you
powered it up again. I suspected maybe a leaky capacitor in the power supply
that would leak down after several hours and not have sufficient power to
start up again until you tried it several times and built the capacitor back
up. Whether the reasoning was right or not, a new power supply fixed the
problem. If you can borrow one or if you have a spare or spare case,  try
it.
ed