From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2006 12:08:07 -0700
Wireless range extension will depend on whether or not the router supports
wireless range extension. I know that Belkin models support this, but you
must be using all Bilken products. However, any WAP will extend the range
if you plug it into the router with a network cable. You should be able to
run up to 300 feet away from the router, and create a second broadcasting
WAP.  Using a cable from the router to the center of the second floor is
going to be the most reliable way to extend your signal.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group
http://www.freepctech.com/rode/