From:
Richard Swartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:41:37 +0100
on 16. Jul 98 Jim Cook wrote
>Hello,I am in the process of buying my first recordable CD ROM drive.  I
am
>confused about a couple of things that maybe some of you could help me
with.
snip

>>The 2x means that is the maximum speed you can safely record to the CD-RW
(In how far it's
>>true is something else) after it's recorded and you put it in a normal
CD-ROM Drive the Drive will
>>attempt to read it with maximum speed (In this case 24X, or actually
around 12X in average).
snip

I have to revise the above statement: the CD-RW must be finalized for
reading in normal CD-Rom Drives.
While using the CD-RW in Packet mode you will only be able to read it in
your CD-RW. As far as I know even
other CD-RW will have problems recognizing it.

Muddlin' through

Rick Swartz