From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:34:14 -0800
Not all memory modules are alike. I ran into the same type of trouble on
several systems. Presently I have a 256MB module that is recognized as such
on only one system, and on that one it is unreliable. Other systems see only
128MB. Likewise, I have some 128MB modules that are being used as 64MB ones,
but this is due to a limitations of the motherboard - apparently not a
problem with yours. However, you might check if the new memory modules are
single or double sided. How does this compare to the design of your old
module (the one that works)?

If the vendor allows you to exchange the modules, try contacting the vendor
and see if an alternate design that may work in your system is available.
You may also want to check to see if there is an update to the BIOS for your
motherboard. This sometimes can solve a problem with RAM.

Peter
The NoSpin Group