From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:44:03 -0700
At 09:09 PM 01/09/2000 , you wrote:
>I am the original owner of ACER TravelMate 330T laptop.
>
>http://www.acer.com
>
>Without my knowledge, my CMOS is passworded, and I
>need to reinstall my system.  Now it is impossible because
>I have to go into my CMOS and make the computer think
>that the D drive is the A drive.
>
>The traditional method is to take out the CMOS or BIOS
>battery or change jumpers.  This is not as simple as it seems
>on a laptop.
>
>I found a program called KILLCMOS which doesn't seem to
>work.

If KillCmos does not work, then the odds are good that the motherboard
has a jumper pin that must be moved in order to write to the CMOS, as
a protection against virus contamination.   Contact ACER about this
jumper or check the manual that came with the laptop or investigate
their web site.

We maintain KillCmos and other good CMOS utility files on The NOSPIN
Group File download page:  http://nospin.com/pc/files001.html
for hardware utilities.

     Bob Wright
The NOSPIN Group