From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 17:31:30 -0700
Generally mine runs constantly at varying speeds to cool the CPU.  My mobo
supports that function, and the fan will run at greater rpm when the CPU is
working hard and getting hot, and will slow down when the CPU is idle. Some
probably run at a constant speed on mobos that don't support temperature
control. I also have a power supply fan and a chassis fan.  I have the
chassis fan running at full speed all the time to keep the hard drives cool.

Subject: [PCBUILD] CPU fan
   Dear good helpful folk
Generally speaking, Do CPU fans run constantly to keep them cool or
intermittently like a thermostat to keep them at a constant temperature?
thanks
Howard Marschner