From:
Brian McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:21:19 -0600
I am far from being a "knowlegable person" on Wireless Networking, but I
have three laptops 'n I travel lots.

If the laptop has been purchased within the last couple of years, chances
are very good that your guest should have to do nothing more than turn it on
and wait a bit. I usually start my notebook in the lobby of the Hotel to
make sure I have a "known good" connection before I try it in my room.

The only occations that I have had trouble is when my wireless picks up more
that one access point (network)... But then all I do is right-click on the
network icon in the Task Bar which brings up a list of available networks.
Then I choose the network with the strongest signal.

As for the office computer,

Right-Click on Start and select Explore.
Left-Click on the plus(+) next to My Network Places.
Left-Click on the plus(+) next to Entire Network.
Keep clicking the plus sign until you see the office computer listed.
Left-Click on the plus (+) beside that computer and you will see what your
guests will see.

Hope this helps some.

Brian D. McCarthy