From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:30:19 -0400
Actually this "extra" IDE port can come in handy sometimes.  My son had two
hard drives, an IDE Zip drive, a CDRW and a CDROM in his machine.  He did
it with the 4 standard ports supporting the hard drives, Zip drive and CDRW
and the IDE on the SB card connected to the CDROM drive.  All worked
fine!  However, only a CDROM will work on the SB IDE port.

Doug

At 6/24/2003 07:34 PM, Fran wrote:

>Peter, I know exactly what you speak of. I have seen those cards with as
>many as 3 proprietary connectors, usually of varying lengths. This one is
>actually marked as IDE.
>
>Fran

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml