From:
"James W. Cooley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2011 14:37:35 -0400
After installing a new HD on my Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop with windows
XP, I used the restore
disks to restore the system.  Now it will not connect to my router or
by cable to the Internet.  I looked in the Device manager and found
that  Multimedia Audio Controller, Network Controller, and Video
Controller (VGA compatible)  do not have drivers installed. The laptop
cannot connect to the Internet
so I use another computer to move files via a flash drive from the
Dell download site.
After a struggle I got the first and third of these drivers installed.
When I did the same for the Network controller, it said "The wizard
cannot find software on your computer
for the Network Controller"   I went to
the Dell website and they have nothing that promises to help.  Where
can I get this "missing software"
I think the absence of the Network Controller is the reason I cannot
connect to the Internet.
 Thanks for your help.