From:
robinson bermudez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Mar 1999 20:48:09 -0500
Hello:
I upgraded my mom's 486 to a Pentium 150. At first I couldn't get the pc
to work at the right speed, even that I set jumpers according to specs,
the max speed was 90, at this speed the pc worked fine. Then I  took the
MB and CPU to vendor, they fixed it right, I was getting the 150 Mhz,
when I connected everything back, I got the non system disk error, I did
all the setting on cmos but it did not boot, I tried to boot with a
win95 startup disk and did not work, the floppy just did not read the
diskette. I then tried the DOS boot disk and it worked, I was able to
access the hard dirve.
I did a system transfer from floppy to HD, edited the autoexec.bat and
config.sys, deleted all entries for windows, when I rebooted, the pc did
all the checks, but when it acccessed the floppy, the light stayed on,
after a short while I get 2 long beeps and then a lot of short beeps and
then silence.
I changed the floppy drive, checked connections, disconected the floppy,
tried changing cmos, disconected cd rom, also have a 5.25" and I
disconected it too, the only time the pc boots is when I put the DOS
boot disk in floppy drive. All hard drive parameters are ok in cmos
I think is either the MB or HD, any ideas?
Thanks

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]