From:
Edna Sloan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 01:25:50 -0500
I have this MB, version 1.0.  First it's a slot-1 board, so if the CPU is
not a slot-1, you will have to have a slot converter card - slot-1 to PPGA
or slot-1 to FC-PGA, depending on the CPU type (I have found that converter
cards with lots of voltage or fsb jumpers, etc, have no effect on this
board, so no need to pay for the extras).  I am using the FC-PGA 566 celeron
2 (same applies to PIII coppermine, I am not sure what the specs are on the
non-coppermine PIIIs ) .  In order to use this chip, which requires a lower
core voltage than what the board normally offers, I had to flash the bios -
go to Abit website and download latest bios and AWDflash install program.
If you have not flashed before, be sure and read/follow the instructions
carefully, saving your old bios when prompted.  Make sure also there is a
minimal chance of a power surge/outage during the flash, e.g., bad weather,
on a line with large appliances that go off and on, etc.  Flashing is quick
and easy, but it is possible to damage the bios chip if not careful.
Edna Sloan

   Date:    Wed, 16 May 2001 21:08:16 -0400
From:    Martin Trevorn <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Upgrading a CPU for Abit BH6 MoBo

I have an Abit BH6 MoBo and would like to upgrade for a 850 Mhz PIII but I'm
not sure if any PIII could do the thing. Does it have some rule to follow in
order to succesfully upgrade this MoBo.

Regards

Martin Trevorn

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: