From:
Roxanne Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 14:38:03 -0800
I always put CD-ROM's in the systems I build on "H". If I were to build a
system with SCSI hard drives, I'd probably put the CD-ROM letter higher.
 However, since I build IDE systems, and I know my clients very well, I figured
that H was high enough. All the drives I'm responsible for putting in are
formatted using FAT32, and one big partition.  None of the clients I have are
at all likely to have more than two (three would be a stretch) hard drives and
a removable (which I do let stay below the CD-ROM).

And, of course, I supply a Win95 boot disk with CD-ROM drivers installed on it,
and set to tell the CD-ROM drive it is "H".

Why do you put your removables above the CD-ROM?

Roxanne Pierce
R2 Systems, San Diego
mailto:[log in to unmask]