From:
Tim Leonard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:58:41 -0500
I've been having recurring errors on my Toshiba Satellite 2804-S402
running WinXPPro. The error messages are similar to:

The instruction at: "0x03529ad5" referenced memory at "0x02400000". The
memory could not be "written".

I've done some diagnostic tests including:

Norton Utilities

running checkdsk

doing repeated RAM tests before windows starts up with a floppy startup
and memcheck utility

All pass.

I have an add-on memory module (boosting my RAM to 384mb) which I
removed to see if it was faulty. Problems persist.

The problem will happen if I run more than two apps at the same time.
Most frequently it would be a combo of Quicken 2003 and Outlook XP, or
Excel XP and IE6. All of which do use a lot of resources - not to
mention the OS stuff and TSR programs.

What happens initially is a long freeze (around a minute) in computer
and disk activity except for the mouse cursor. Then the above message
comes up. If I do nothing, I'll get more messages like that until I'm
forced to do a cold reboot. If I catch it right after the message I can
sometimes restart the PC normally (start menu, restart etc.)

Anyway, I'd like any help I can get to resolve this since it seems to be
memory (RAM?) related. Peculiar that the memory tests all pass if it was
a chip problem. Is this an XP issue? I haven't upgraded to SP1 yet.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com