Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 09:06:16 -0500
It could be as simple as your BIOS setting. Newer systems have a setting
that allows you to pick your computers status in the event of a power
failure and power recovery. You should have a setting in your BIOS that
ask what you want your computer to do in the event of power failure
recovery. Some BIOS systems allow you to simply choose on or off, while
others also allow you to choose the same as prior to power failure.

If it is set to the on position, every time you unplug and plug in your
system or turn your power strip off and on, the system would turn back
on.

Dennis Noble
361-808-9363

I have 3 computers with Windows 98.  One of them turns on when I switch
the power strip on.  The other 2 only go on when I hit the switch on the
system unit.  How does one control this?

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com