From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 16:07:44 -0400
Hi,

Welcome to wonderful world of Dell. Where the true price you pay, is not
found out till an out of warranty repair is needed.

Do yourself a favor.  Buy a new case w/350wt or better, p4 ready, power
supply, a new board, a new processor and ddr memory, Your choice, amd or
Intel flavor.  Remove what else you can from the Dell.   Strip the
dell's other parts out except power suppy, case & board, leave them
intack, and put all these leftover items on an auction to dispose of.
Someone will by the power supply, you get rid of the case and bad board
all in one step.

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

I'm new to this so here it goes:

Bought a Dell Dimension XPS T600R in Feb. 2000
A week ago it wouldn't boot, called Dell and they walked me through
trouble shooting. Bad mother board. They told me it would cost $149.00
to purchase a new one. Sounds like a lot of money to me. I do have some
knowledge of computors and think that I could replace it myself buying
retail. This is the mother board that is in the machine right now: CARD
(CIRCUIT), PLANAR (MOTHERBOARD), W/O-AUD, TXXXr, COPPERMINE My question
is what do I replace it with. I was told to check  the power supply, ATX
or Dell proprietary how do I determine which power supply I have? Thanks
for any help in advance

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com