From:
Richard Burdess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:41:07 +0100
Peggy,

I have had this happen to me before, try this
Switch off machine,
remove mains power lead,
remove case cover,
disconnect IDE, Power & Audio cables to cd drive.
replace cover and mains power cable,
reboot and close down machine x2,
disconnect mains power and remove cover,
reconnect IDE, Power & Audio cables to cd drive,
replace cover and mains power lead,
reboot machine and your cd drive will either appear as before or you will be asked for your windows cd then just follow the instructions on the screen.

hope this helps

Richard