From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:29:59 -0800
My method of desktop icon placement retention after changing settings to
play games is to create a restore point right before I let the grandkids
play their games. When they are done, I simply restore to the point I
created if needed.

Don's comments will provide a similar result, but I have often found
that the icons end up the way MS thinks they should be arranged ("auto")
rather than the arrangement/placement I want.

Tom

Phillip Williams wrote:
> Howdy Y'all,
>
>  When I am online, I use 1024 x 768 to make pages best fit the screen but
> when I play some games, such as Mine sweeper, I use 800 x 600. When I switch
> back to 1024 x 768, desktop icons have to be re-alligned to where they were
> previously. I created another user account hoping I could switch between
> users to get the desired resolution without displacing icons but whatever
> user I switch to retains the resolution of the previous user. Is there a way
> to save the resolution settings between users or perhaps a secondary
> desktop?
>
> On a related note, when I was in control panel/user accounts, I see there is
> an account named ASP.NET which I've not noticed before in three re-formats
> using the same xp home oem. This is the first time I've loaded SP2. I see
> from a Google search that ASP,NET is a "programming framework for building
> web-based applications".
> Any ideas why it is listed as an account and if there is any reason not to
> delete it?
>
> Thanks for all input.
>
> Phil Williams

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: