From:
Sybilgal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:35:17 -0800
Hello David,

Thank you for your reply.  I might not have made myself clear when
explaining the need.  My son needs to be able to access the internet.  His
cell phone is allowed in the hospital--they know he has it and uses it
regularly--as do the Drs that come in and out of his room.

So, networking is not the need... Internet access is.  Thus my questions:
What are the speed limitations?  What are the costs?

Thank you for your help.

Kathleen O'Malley

Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 12:15 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCBUILD] Wireless Access

  Common wireless network connections are known to suffer interference from
(some) cordless phones and microwave ovens.  There's a good possibility that
they will also experience and/or cause interference with cardiac monitors
and other sensitive medical equipment....
  Wireless networking has a lot in common with toy walkie-talkies.

> Hello all...
>
> I have very little knowledge of how the wireless internet works.  So
pardon
> in advance, any possible stupid questions.
>
> My son is in the hospital in San Diego and has just received a new
wireless
> ready laptop.  I need to get him 'hooked up'.  The hospital room he is in
> doesn't have a working phone line, and we sure wouldn't want to be limited
> to an internal modem speed even if it did.
>
> Is it possible to get a wireless internet connection? What are the speed
> limitations?  What are the costs?
>
> Thank you for any input/advice.
>
> Kathleen La Valley

                     visit our download web page at: