From:
Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Aug 2010 06:49:38 +0100
Thanks for:-
 "I've never seen a problem with two simultaneous connections.
My desktop came with a wireless card and is connected via
Ethernet and wireless as I type this."

It seems I was unlucky to have things fail.
The reason I started all this was to set up a basic network
between my desktop machine and the Fujitsu portable.
The ISP provided router has 4 Ethernet ports as well as wireless.
With the desktop machine getting internet via Ethernet and the portable via wireless.

I would like the facility to swap files between the two machines,
nothing more complex such as sharing printers or a scanner,
just file swapping.

Lots of help available for setting up a network but nothing
I have seen mentions involving an internet connection as well.
Have you any suggestions for who provides the "best" help.

Tony